Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 1/365: In The Loving Arms of a Friend

After a pretty tough weekend of just one thing after another happening, I can say that I feel most thankful for the arms of several friends that I was scooped into.

When I was locked out and then when my car broke down, one of my best friends, Dana, came to my rescue.

When I was just having a tough day, Niru took several moments out of his day to listen. When I cried at Mass on Tuesday, he just comforted me and prayed over me.

Ana Rose held me when I suddenly broke into tears at dinner, over how difficult my life has felt recently and so many others like Lara came to my aid.

And today, I just enjoyed a nice and simple day at the Wash House, hanging with all the girls, watching movies and Glee, going to dinner, and having car adventures.

These lyrics from the Tenth Avenue North song, By Your Side, really got to me today as I was driving home.

"'Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall, In the dead of night whenever you call, And please don't fight these hands that are holding you, My hands are holding you."

God is holding onto me, just as each of the friends in my life have taken a moment to hold me.

And today, that is what I'm most thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment