Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 7/365: My Last Day At St. Thomas

Today I celebrated the end of my fellowship here in Charlottesville. I cleaned out the remainder of my space and said my goodbyes of the office. It's been a great year, one that I am eternally grateful for. I will still be here for a few weeks, wrapping up my last project of Work Camp, and

I have met so many amazing and wonderful people throughout this fellowship and found a new place that I have grown to love.

I think the hardest part was realizing that I'm not going to be coming back next year to see all the wonderful things happen around UVA and St. Thomas, but I am so thankful that I have gotten to see such a great campus and youth ministry. It is really inspiring for the future and I am thankful to have been so involved and to have even developed dozens of personal relationships and friendships throughout the year, especially in CSM, Ignite, and the LifeTeen Band.

I am also thankful for the mentors I have had this year: Fr. Stephen, John Hopke, Brian Sousa, Michael Balazs, Kristin Krebbel, and Chris Short. I have learned valuable lessons from each of them and they have been very helpful in the development of my faith this year.

And of course Dana. She's been one of my best friends this entire year, and we've learned a lot from each other. She has taught me some of the greatest aspects of friendship (as well as saved my life numerous times).

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my experience in this fellowship. You have made my life so much brighter as an example of Christ's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment