Monday, September 19, 2011

19/365: Brentwood Starbucks

I've been going to Starbucks in Brentwood more often recently. Now that it's getting cooler, and we are almost to scarf season (which I promise will be an upcoming entry when it's time!), I have had minor cravings for no-water Chai and Pumpkin Spice Lattes :)

Well this weekend I was pretty ill with my allergies, almost to the point of needing to go to the ER. I have been trying to drink something warm to relieve my throat itchiness and discomfort. I was pretty swollen today and decided to go through the drive up window just to get my no-water Chai. Well as I got to the window, I realized I didn't have my wallet.

The guy was about to hand me my drink, but I explained the situation. I said I'd be back in a few minutes to get the drink. He took one look at me and saw how sick I was and said, "You seem like you aren't feeling well, I hope this makes you feel better. You can pay another day."

I thanked him, went home, got my wallet, and came back to pay. He said there was no need to come back, but thanked me anyway.

I'm thankful for this experience, because I think I needed a reminder that humanity isn't as bad as my heart sometimes internalizes it to be. This man was nice enough to give me a free drink, and trust that maybe I would come back and pay for it. He made my day, and I'm pretty sure that the perfectly made drink also made me feel a little better.

Thanks for making my day, Brentwood Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment