Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 3/365: Seeing Clearer

After about 2 weeks of having countless amounts of tape around various parts of my broken glasses, today I finally went to have my eyes checked so I could buy new glasses. I also was fitted for contacts too, which was great.

I wasn't expecting to receive a pair of contacts today, but it happened. My broken glasses were put in a case and I was trying to shove contacts in my eyes. It finally worked, and after about five minutes of settling, I left the store.

Even though I walked outside in a storm, I was able to see the mountains in the background clearer than I think I have ever seen them. I never knew that the mountains could be so blue and beautiful. I felt like I saw rain for the first time. After two weeks of seeing the world through scotch tape and broken frames, this was a major improvement.

At dinner, I was able to read the menu on the wall and while driving I felt like I could read the signs even further than before.

Sophia and I stopped momentarily at one of the pull-off points on 64 and enjoyed the view. It was breathtaking, especially since it was sunset and it had stopped raining.

It's moments like today where the little things make all the difference. I am thankful I am now seeing clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment