My mom and I decided to cook randomly late tonight, so as I write we just made steaks. Neither one of us have made them without a grill, so it's been an interesting lesson. I watched YouTube videos to prepare, she just started putting them in a pan, then asked me questions as it cooked.
It's difficult to cook it properly to our tastes because I like mine well done, (but not burned), and she likes hers medium well. The first one came out about medium, while the second one came out more well done. We are sharing and are about to begin a movie, although she'll fall asleep through the opening credits.
Needless to say, I've learned some great things from my mom's cooking, which many people who have been to my house can say is the best. I enjoy cooking and eating with her, so I'm thankful that I have learned many things that I can pass down to my children too.
No comments:
Post a Comment