This morning's brunch was great and I spent the afternoon with my family. We went to Mellow Mushroom with Sophia and then back to the eye doctor's office to pick up my new glasses and get new contacts (since the previous new ones didn't work out).
With new glasses and a new excitement, we decided to take a trip into the mountains and took Skyline Drive. It took us several hours because we stopped at each overlook and took pictures at some of them. It was quite and adventure and we almost got lost several times. We met a few deer. We found a butterfly and it was beautiful!
It was a very peaceful and relaxing evening in the end. As some of you know, I do enjoy taking pictures, and this gave me a chance to play with my camera. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the drive (with captions underneath):

The beginning of the drive.

There were beautiful flowers at this overlook, and a crazy thunderstorm in the mountains far away with lot's of lightning. I've never seen lightning from a distance.

The sun is really beginning to set, and we are moving closer to the thunderstorm.

A deer that moved from the road for us.

Beautiful flowers at another overlook.

The sun setting and another breathtaking view.

Dandelions on the mountainside.

And we found the butterfly with a broken wing.

Thanks to my mom the hand model, and brave one, for picking up the butterfly.

And it opened it's wings.

But it couldn't fly away because of a broken wing, so my mom left it to rest on a flower.

The last picture I took before the sun set. It was a sight I'll never forget. I'm thankful for such a beautiful day and time with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment