This past month, I have been blessed with the opportunity to try something new. To start in a new place, live a new life, and make new friends (while still keeping the old).
And I have to say, it's been great, while still full of challenges.
But without these challenges, I cannot grow and experience a new kind of campus ministry and a new way of life here.
It took a serious leap of faith to get me here. Not only dropping my whole life, moving to St. Louis, magically making it in my little car, and going somewhere I had never been before. But just a leap of faith in my own heart with God. This last year was full of so much pain, and finally coming out of all that pain, I wasn't sure where to go. Even though I know in my brain that God never leaves us, I was not quite ready to accept that fact in my heart after being put through months of suffering and pain and hurt. But here I am, standing on the other side, God holding my hand and putting me right where I'm needed.
I remember the first time I ever jumped into a pool from the side. My swimming teacher was ready to catch me, yet I was so scared to make that jump. It made sense in my brain, and logically it worked, but my heart had not caught up. That's what my life has felt like for a year. I felt like I moved from the locker room, to the bench, to dipping my toes in, to finally jumping.
And God caught me, with open arms, just like he does each and every time.
Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall, In the dead of night whenever you call, And please don't fight these hands that are holding you, My hands are holding you.
And now here I am. I've been here almost 4 weeks and I finally jumped. It's come with some difficulties and some hurdles that I am working to jump over, but I am happy. I feel a sense of joy and peace that I haven't felt in a while.
I almost feel like an entirely new person.
And so I am thankful for this new beginning and new adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment