Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hiatus - Returning Back To Life

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say to all of my faithful readers that I am sorry! I took a hiatus first because of the GRE in June, but then because I traveled/moved so many times in July/August that I couldn't keep up!

Well now that I am settled in and unpacking, I am back in action - ready to take on the world, one day at a time. I have decided, that I am not going to stick to 365 days of the year, rather 365 days of my own time. A life in ministry takes lot's of crazy steps sometimes and each day I may only have a few moments to personally reflect myself. I'd still like to be able to share this experience with others and hopefully inspire others to be more thankful and appreciative of what they have.

The last 2-3 months have really been a learning experience for me in a large way. I had to really learn to trust God more than I ever thought. I had to really learn to give up my own agenda and my own vision for my life, and follow the one that God has for me. It may not look so glamorous in even my eyes at times, but I have everything I need, and even the things that I want will come back when they are needed. I took a little jump (about 900 miles long) to St. Louis, where I'm now overwhelmingly excited to be working as an intern.

I would also like to say that I have learned about a new kind of prayer, one that I really like. It's called the Examen (an Ignatian prayer). Sr. Linda, a campus minister, explained it to us. Since I've been unable to write in this blog for a while, I have been using this prayer every evening before I sleep to help me focus on those things I am most thankful. I love it, because the very first step is saying a prayer of Thanksgiving.

Thank you for reading, and I can't wait to write more in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment