Wednesday, September 21, 2011

20/365: How I Met Your Mother

This post is going to be LEGEN-wait for it-DARY because it is about my favorite show, which is just legendary. How I Met Your Mother and all the awesome jokes and memories I have with it mean a lot to me. I have enjoyed over the years watching it (sometimes in large quantities) with lot's of friends from all over the place. I also can relate to it in an uncanny way as far as the story lines go and the characters are developed. I feel like the show has just fit into my life in the most perfect way possible.

This show also serves as such a great icebreaker for me. It really brought me together with so many people in college, and beyond that it's fans are so widespread and of so many different backgrounds that I have been able to meet lot's of people because of our common love for it. It brought me passion for life and finding happiness. I've gone through the emotions alongside the characters and my friends, as we go through the same motions becoming young adults and facing all the challenges around.

The Season 7 premiere happened, and I was just so excited. My two favorite characters are Barney and Robin. I feel very much like Robin a lot - similarity in seeking approval of our fathers, putting my career ahead of my love life, secretly wanting a deep love, always making dry and sarcastic comments, secretly girly in the strangest aspects, and most of all, always falling for someone that has many complex layers - like Barney.

Barney is just a great character. He is always trying to sleep with dumb women and tries the craziest tricks to get them to sleep with him. He always has silly lines and fun catch phrases, but secretly he is a nice gentleman, dying for a reason to come out, which is love.

That being said, I hope it's Barney and Robin together in the end :)

Lily and Marshall are great characters! Lily is interesting because she always has these random freak-outs through out the season, in which you see her true side. She fears losing love and tries to runaway - something I can relate to. I can imagine Marshall would be my best friend. He is clever, smart, witty, and just really dorky and goofy. His character reminds me of all the best things I love about my best friends.

And lastly, there's Ted. A young, cute, successful guy who is struggling to find love, but so desperately wants it. He has all these nerdy quirks, but he's just a nice guy - like so many out there. Despite all his trials, he still pushes on, feeling the pains that all of us searching for that perfect someone feel. I also like that as a guy, he's not afraid to show his emotions.

I love this show, and I'm so thankful for all the laughter it's brought to my life over the years. I'm thankful if I've gotten to share in it with you reading this.

Here are some of my favorite moments:
Bang Song: http://youtu.be/9d6f9j7gAdY
Barney Praying: http://youtu.be/2DSPUbMFgFQ
Canadian Robin: http://youtu.be/l_PIixlTHfQ
(Ignore the German) Super Date song: http://youtu.be/RBWX7wBCDik?t=48s
Stand By Me: http://youtu.be/CEmhH9aWydo
Marshall Sings (Part 1): http://youtu.be/f3Z1sflBWtA
Marshall Sings (Part 2): http://youtu.be/5WrNUL9FjoU
Running a Bar: http://youtu.be/Gfuie3WxPsU
Slap #2: http://youtu.be/zk20WWY15uc
Cat Funeral: http://youtu.be/srLzP8LYi7Q
Robin Sparkles: http://youtu.be/z8pEzi1E5Og

Robin and Barney Dance from the new Season: http://youtu.be/stYm46El5SY

And of course, my favorite episode - Slapsgiving: http://youtu.be/EUOWWD5eB1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment